Vintage Class

Vintage Class
Going Out

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Accessory Basics

There are a few things that every woman needs in her wardrobe, and among them are classic accessories. Today I'm only going to focus on two, because I never want to overwhelm anyone or make them feel like they'll never be able to pull of a classy, vintage, or simply elegant look, just because they're missing a few things that I think of as vital.

So, my first two must haves are simply:

1) A black clutch

2) A classy hat
Now, I know this pic shows a selection of fedoras (and believe me, I use all of them!) but trust your gut and only buy something that YOU love! Hats are one of those accessories that a lot of women are afraid to wear, and y'all shouldn't be! Literally, every time I wear a hat, no matter what style or outfit I'm using it to complete, I get loads of compliments, but I also hear a lot of women making excuses for why they don't think that they can wear a hat. The most common are, "Oh, I wish I were brave enough to wear hats." To which I say, "You ARE brave enough! All you have to do is own it!"
I also hear, "I can't wear hats." Okay, this one has limited validity. Think of all of the period dramas/shows/movies that you like; what do the women almost NEVER leave the house without? You guessed it- A HAT! There are so many different styles, sizes, and colors of hats, and they go widely unappreciated! No matter what your hair color, cut, or length, the shape of your face, or the outfit you're wearing! There's a hat for pretty much every occasion! If you really want to add some flair/standout/make a statement: throw on a hat! YOU CAN DO IT!!! I'll put up a separate blog with wonderful quotes and hat tips and ideas from a vintage book I've been reading, but trust me! You're gorgeous, and the right hat is within your reach!


Clutch: #ASOS

Fedoras (right to left): The herringbone hat I picked up in #London , the summer-weight & brown ones are from the #Buckle , and the #red #jazz hat I picked up on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment