Vintage Class

Vintage Class
Going Out

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Classy Hat Act

Every time I wear a hat (and I do mean LITERALLY every single time) women of all ages stop me and tell me, "Oh! I LOVE your hat! I wish I could wear cute hats like that!" Gals! You absolutely CAN wear cute hats :D It's simply a matter of finding the right style and fit for YOU! 
Now, I want to encourage you to not chicken out! Don't give up and slap on a ball cap (even though I love baseball caps!). Find something fun! A fedora or a floppy hat! Maybe something knit or a cute beret! But there are two important things to remember when you're shopping for a cute hat: 1. Trust your gut! If you like it on the hat rack- try it on! And 2. Hats are not one-size-fits-all! No, seriously! Find your hat size! If they're always too big or too small, then find a store where they carry actual sizes! Sometimes that means visiting a real hat shop, and sometimes that means checking out a high end retail store. 
Another hat-wearing tip to ensure you feel confident: when you start wearing a hat, keep the rest of your ensemble simple and maybe stick with a neutral color palette (at least until you're comfortable and confident in your hat game ;D ). 
Most of my hats come from known retailers: The Buckle, Target, or Forever 21. But my favorite hat-maker for the past year has been Janessa LeonĂ©! If you haven't seen her gorgeous hats, then go check them out! Like- nowish! 
One of the reasons that I love her hats, is that they are classy, elegant, have clean lines, and are truly works of art! They come in gorgeous colors and really have a very fine, lady-like, appearance and quality.

Here's an easy way to rock your cute new hat! 

In this photograph, taken by one of my favorite LA-based photographers, Bruce Cooper, I'm wearing a simple black dress from H&M, grey ballet flats from The Buckle, and a wide-brimmed, floppy, black hat from Target :) 
So take a chance and try something new! You never know how adding one, simple, accessory can add a little confidence and class to your day! 

Until next time lovelies! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment